Friday, December 08, 2006

Missing Bea

Thank you to all readers who sent emails of condolence. Today’s blog is about recovery. Karyn wants to know how I am faring. The answer is as well as can be expected. The house seems very empty. Even when Bea was asleep, we felt her presence. My brother called this evening to say he has not been able to concentrate at work this week, so I guess he is grieving, too. My daughters call to see how I am. Losing someone who played such a large part in one’s life for 60 years turns out to be a bit more complicated than I anticipated ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Gray Lady said...

I haven't checked in here for a while, but here I am today, finding out how much has changed in your lives. I envy your stamina, your compassion, your caring. You gave your mom the greatest gift -- making her last months not just bearable, but sweet. Bless you.
Elaine of Kalilily
www.kalilily.net

8:06 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

It always does.

Hit you in ways you can't anticipate , that is.

Sorry to be absent of late - illness strikes the midcape!

Going to catch up now -

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home